The Libraries exist to support the effective learning of all pupils by providing opportunities for active and reflective skill development, and promotion of a reading culture across the school.
The School Libraries support the aims of TRS.
The Objectives of the School Libraries are :
- To provide a central resource for the whole school curriculum and ethos
- To be an integral part of the teaching and learning styles and activities of the school
- To focus on development of information gathering, problem solving, learning and thinking skills throughout the school
- To provide opportunities for the individual to readmore widely and think more deeply
- To provide opportunities for leisureand recreational reading.
The Libraries stock a range of fiction books - lower school fiction, upper school fiction (Upfront Collection ), Quick Reads, Quick Upfronts, and story tapes and CDs.
Also stocked are non-fiction, Quick Reference Collections, DVDs, newspapers and magazines, an extensive 'Information File' containing leaflets, newspaper cuttings and free literature from various sources, Guided Independent Study materials for Post 16 students, and a dedicated Careers Library.
The Library staff are Ms Roberts (Senior Librarian) and Mrs Nolan/Mrs Bhandari (Assistant Librarians).
email : firstname.lastname@example.org